Saturday, 31 January 2015

My intention with this blog is to do a wrap up/summary at the end of each month.  I have NEVER been good at logging my triathlon workouts.  Last year I swore I would keep my totals so that I could review what I had done at the end of the year.  I bought a day planner, some beautiful pens, and logged my workouts.  For approximately 4 days.  Needless to say, my year end totals for 2014 were a bit off.  Anyway, one month down in 2015 and I have the stats to prove it!!!

*********************************************************************************
As an aside, I would like to add that my mother is following my blog.  She may possibly feel forced to do so, I can't say for sure.  So far, as expected from a retired teacher of 36 years, her feedback has been the following:

BLOG  #1:  "read it   god sentence structure good spelling"
BLOG  #2:  "the word is anyway    not ANYWAYS IN SECOND BLOG   OTHERWISE ENGLISH IS OK"

MOM:   #1:  You don't have to mark my blogs.
              #2:  I think you meant "good" not god.
              #3:  It is possible to punctuate while texting and e-mailing.
              #4:  I stand corrected on the "Anyways" mishap.  CAP LOCKS = YELLING.  Not required.
           
Mr Chapman:  #1:  You are my only former teacher/run coach who is following this blog.
                         #2:  Feel free to correct anything running related.  I promise to never stop trying to recruit you until the day I die.
                         #3:  I apologize now for the horrific math miscalculations that will, in all likelihood, be contained within said blog.

*********************************************************************************
OK.  My January totals are as follows:

SWIM:  48.4km.  Death by swimming was a 4500m swim.  The main set was:  50 x 50m.  10 @ :55, 20 @ :50, 10 @ :55, 10 @ :50.  Looks easy on paper, but the last 10 fifties were hideous.  I am certain the lifeguard was laughing at me.

BIKE:  12hrs on the computrainer.  It was my first month back at it, so time on the bike will really start to increase.  Death by biking was a 1.5hr computrainer ride with 6 x :45 sec at 280watts.  I am certain my dog was laughing at me.  My testing with coach Chris was no walk in the park either.  I was down 5kg from my last test date which was April of 2014.  My numbers were slightly better overall.  For January, I have to be happy with that.  But, of course, I'm not.  I always want more.    

Selfie of Coach Chris and I after the testing was complete.



RUN:  109.94kms.  There was no death by running workout this month.  My achilles tendinitis is finally cleared up, and I had no business, whatsoever, doing a death by run workout.  However, I am certain that Ann Hughes Frost laughed at me when she missed a turn and tacked on a bonus 2km on our Runner's Choice "long run".  And if she wasn't laughing at me, I am certain I heard the squirrels laughing when I rolled my ankle on the treacherous snow and ice covered sidewalk.

FEBRUARY RACE:  Really Chilly 5k road race.  I can promise you it won't be pretty.  I have not been able to run "hard" since August due to the "achilles tendinitis/stress fracture X 2 trifecta", so the 10k was simply out of the question.  But I LOVE TO RACE and I am thankful to be back at it.

http://www.reallychillyroadrace.com - sign up if you are free.   See you on the road!!!

2 comments:

  1. My favourite blogs to read are those written by people I actually know. Thanks for sharing, I look forward to reading about the journey.

    ReplyDelete