I remember the first time I started to follow a blogger. A friend of mine, "KVK", had met a man, ... well, part man part ostrich, and they had moved to Australia. I could have said part man part cheetah, but that would have been an exaggeration. I decided upon ostrich, because an ostrich is the fastest animal on two legs. The ostrich is also an endurance runner, and can jog at 48km/h for as long as half an hour. Mr. Chapman, I was wondering .... if Rob can run at 15km/hr, how long would he have to run before he overtook an ostrich? Interesting ....
Anyway, Karla and Rob moved to Australia and were living the life of everything Ironman. I can still remember some of her posts and pictures that she included. I remember thinking at the time that anyone who would consider partaking in an Ironman was most likely a few cards short of a full deck. Although I had no interest in the IM distance at that time, there was something about her 500 X 1mile repeats that intrigued me. Karla, thanks for those blogs. They were awesome and inspiring. I look forward to the day that I can follow you and Mr. Ostrich upon your return to IM and blogging. After all, there is nothing I would rather do than blow an entire day on Sportstats and Live Tracker. I've done it before and I will do it again.
So my plan is to blog maybe once per week. But this is new and fresh, and the novelty has yet to wear off. Also, I find that it is an excellent way to procrastinate from working out. I think my long run yesterday took a bit out of me. I am shocked and amazed at how hard a slow and easy run can be during a Canadian winter. You know you are likely dehydrated and working hard when you crave a beer at 9:30am with a km left in your run. Upon my return to GoodLife, it was a toss up as to whether or not I would hit the shower or the juice bar. Due to impending hypothermia, the shower won out. But after my shower, I met a true smoothie artist. I couldn't decide on the 32oz classic or the 32oz chocolate monkey. The artist told me she made a mean chocolate monkey, so I went for it. I am now planning my attack. 1. I could kindnap said chocolate monkey maker and interrogate her for the details of her concoction. 2. I could plant listening devices and hidden cameras in and around the juice bar. 3. I could volunteer as the chocolate monkey maker's assistant, steal her recipe, and head for the mountains. 4. She seemed really nice. Maybe she will give the recipe to me if I ask politely, respectfully, and with dry running shoes so as not to dampen the GoodLife floors and offend the legitimate members.
Let me tell you this. If I have to steal money out of Ken's wallet every Sunday morning to get my chocolate monkey, so be it. Whatever it takes.
Interesting blog Jenn, you are an inspirations for me to try to get back in shape after my accidents. I'm sure I will never get to your levels of endurance but looking forward to pushing my limits in the bike this summer...enjoy following you on Strava.
ReplyDeleteEnjoying being on the other side of blogging. I think we should have a Rob vs. Ostrich event. Perhaps as part of the Birthday Beer Mile. The "Rob Running Series"... I can see it now.
ReplyDeleteLoving your posts. Stay fast and healthy.